Friday, February 24, 2012

DBO Thing Doesn't Appear by Table Name

Hi, we are trying to simply import an existing MS Access 2003 table to MS SQL. I've gone through the export routine (the "upsizing" wizard in Access), but my Coldfusion app does not recognize the resultant MS SQL table as a real database object. It doesn't even include DBO next to the table name like all the other "real" tables that were made directly from within MS SQL. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Thanks - and yes, I'm new at this. ;)
You can post your response here but feel free to drop me a direct reply at my website (which should hopefully be included in this message).For anyone that's interested, it appears that DBO may actually stand for Database Owner, not Database Object as I had previously speculated. Not sure how that helps resolve my issue per se, but there you have it. If anyone can offer a pointer on the original post it would be great, thanks!
Dave|||Hi,

dbo does stand for database owner. To help you determine what is going on with your application use SQL Server Profiler to trace the the queries that your application is issuing against the server. You can then copy the queries from Profiler to Management Studio and then run them manual to determine exactly why the query is failing.

Keep in mind for the owner of the object, if the owner of the object is not specified in the query, SQL server will search for dbo first.

If you have specific questions, please let us know.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment