Friday, February 24, 2012

dbo.f_myfunction only works for me and not other users using RS

I wrote a udf in sql server for my dataset for a report in Reporting
Services. I publish the report to the Report Server, and I can invoke the
report, but other users get an error message that they don't have the
permissions to run this udf. How do I establish permissions so that everyone
who is authorized to use RS reports on/from our intranet can run this udf?
Where do I set the permissions? Do I do this at the Sql Server end?
Thanks,
RichThis is set at SQL Server. If SQL 2005, right mouse click on the function,
properties, permission. You could give public permission to it. I have a
role specifically for RS users that I use for assigning rights to my stored
procedures and to my functions.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4FAA8268-64F0-49E8-AF13-EDCBE2552604@.microsoft.com...
>I wrote a udf in sql server for my dataset for a report in Reporting
> Services. I publish the report to the Report Server, and I can invoke the
> report, but other users get an error message that they don't have the
> permissions to run this udf. How do I establish permissions so that
> everyone
> who is authorized to use RS reports on/from our intranet can run this udf?
> Where do I set the permissions? Do I do this at the Sql Server end?
> Thanks,
> Rich|||Thank you for your reply. Of course, I am using Sql Server 2000. So, may I
ask, do I want to set a role for this udf or do I want to go to the server
security and assign permissions there?
Thanks,
Rich
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> This is set at SQL Server. If SQL 2005, right mouse click on the function,
> properties, permission. You could give public permission to it. I have a
> role specifically for RS users that I use for assigning rights to my stored
> procedures and to my functions.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4FAA8268-64F0-49E8-AF13-EDCBE2552604@.microsoft.com...
> >I wrote a udf in sql server for my dataset for a report in Reporting
> > Services. I publish the report to the Report Server, and I can invoke the
> > report, but other users get an error message that they don't have the
> > permissions to run this udf. How do I establish permissions so that
> > everyone
> > who is authorized to use RS reports on/from our intranet can run this udf?
> > Where do I set the permissions? Do I do this at the Sql Server end?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rich
>
>|||I think I got it. I right-clicked on the udf - all tasks - set permissions -
execute set to public. Hope that does it.
"Rich" wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Of course, I am using Sql Server 2000. So, may I
> ask, do I want to set a role for this udf or do I want to go to the server
> security and assign permissions there?
> Thanks,
> Rich
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> > This is set at SQL Server. If SQL 2005, right mouse click on the function,
> > properties, permission. You could give public permission to it. I have a
> > role specifically for RS users that I use for assigning rights to my stored
> > procedures and to my functions.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:4FAA8268-64F0-49E8-AF13-EDCBE2552604@.microsoft.com...
> > >I wrote a udf in sql server for my dataset for a report in Reporting
> > > Services. I publish the report to the Report Server, and I can invoke the
> > > report, but other users get an error message that they don't have the
> > > permissions to run this udf. How do I establish permissions so that
> > > everyone
> > > who is authorized to use RS reports on/from our intranet can run this udf?
> > > Where do I set the permissions? Do I do this at the Sql Server end?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Rich
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment