Friday, February 24, 2012

DBPROPSET-> ???

I am doing some low level OLE DB programming to extract data out of MsSql 20
00 and need to find out what the DBPROPSET_DBINIT
value such as DBPROP_AUTH_USERID would be for the ADODB connectionstring equ
ivilant of 'Application name=' is. I can not find
matching property ID to be used in the DBPROPSET constants. It seems like it
should be DBPROP_APP_NAME but I can not find
anything described as such.
Does anyone have any idea what I need to use to have the 'ApplicationName' c
olumn in the Sql Profiler display the value for
a native OLE DB connection?
Dennis PassmoreI guess I am talking to myself again.
I found a answer that seems to work for now at least. Using the
DBPROP_INIT_PROVIDERSTRING identifier and setting the value to the
syntax of 'APP=myprogramname' is working.
Dennis Passmore

No comments:

Post a Comment