Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deadlocks on Queries

Hi,
I have a situation where I have inherited a system that is being
stress tested at the moment. The main table used in the DB has a
number of indexes. The problem I am having is that under load, I keep
getting deadlocks on iwhat appears to be the indexes on the tables.
More specifically a row appears to be inserted / updated, and another
select query is being locked out when trying to query that table.
I haven't touched fill factors (they are still the default zero). Any
pointers / reading material would be appreciated.Check if your query includes BEGIN TRAN and COMMIT TRAN at proper place
"Spondishy" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a situation where I have inherited a system that is being
> stress tested at the moment. The main table used in the DB has a
> number of indexes. The problem I am having is that under load, I keep
> getting deadlocks on iwhat appears to be the indexes on the tables.
> More specifically a row appears to be inserted / updated, and another
> select query is being locked out when trying to query that table.
> I haven't touched fill factors (they are still the default zero). Any
> pointers / reading material would be appreciated.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment