Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deadlocks on sysobjects

Hi,
We've been getting some deadlocks on our production box.
I've turned on the 3605 and 1204 flags and I've found an error in the
errorlog:
I think the key lines I'm concerned about are these:
Process 1 -> PAG: 7:1:784316 CleanCnt:2 Mode: IX Flags:
0x2
Process 2 -> PAG: 7:1:812678 CleanCnt:2 Mode: SIU Flags:
0x2
This appears to be locks on the sysobjects table in my database?
Both processes appear to be running this commands:
Input Buf: RPC Event: sp_prepexec;1
Does anyone have an idea where I can go from here? I was assuming I'd be
getting a lock on a user table making it easier to debug.
The only major change recently, is a view that joins 3 tables together
partitioned on date.
Any ideas appreciated.
NickHi Nick
You may want to post the full details for each node. Alternatively you may
want to see if sp_blocker_pss80 produces clearer output
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271509/EN-US/
John
"Nick Dawson" wrote:
> Hi,
> We've been getting some deadlocks on our production box.
> I've turned on the 3605 and 1204 flags and I've found an error in the
> errorlog:
> I think the key lines I'm concerned about are these:
> Process 1 -> PAG: 7:1:784316 CleanCnt:2 Mode: IX Flags:
> 0x2
> Process 2 -> PAG: 7:1:812678 CleanCnt:2 Mode: SIU Flags:
> 0x2
> This appears to be locks on the sysobjects table in my database?
> Both processes appear to be running this commands:
> Input Buf: RPC Event: sp_prepexec;1
> Does anyone have an idea where I can go from here? I was assuming I'd be
> getting a lock on a user table making it easier to debug.
> The only major change recently, is a view that joins 3 tables together
> partitioned on date.
> Any ideas appreciated.
> Nick
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment